16 July 2008

Utah July 5th - 7th

Sunday morning, mom told me that she wanted to ride the ATVs all the way to the top of the mountain. I had to stay with Grandma Kathy because it was too dangerous. So from here on out I will let mom tell the story......Hi,for starters, Haley and I are on the same ATV....the last time Haley was on one of these babies, she fliped it. She was scared but its just like riding a horse.
Or so I thought.....
While everyone gets settled and focused, Bella and Eric chat about stuff, this was a special moment for me.

Well we are on our way up the mountain. Let's see...the trail is mostly small pieces of shale, and very slippery. The Trail also leans about 45 degrees straight down. So sometimes I was afraid for my life.
But the view from the top was worth it.
And the brave kids thought they had just been on the coolest ride of their lives.


On the way down we found a cave....the trail up the cave was almost a vertical climb. I was in flip-flops. Did I mention I only brought flip flops to Utah.

The cave was pretty neat. I just knew I was going to get eaten by a bear.

Haley assured me that 1st and 2nd really hold back and going down wouldn't be as bad as coming up...I thought coming up was a lot scarier. By the time we went down, we had figured out that leaning toward the high side kept our ride on four wheels. Not to mention the whole way down our follower, Haley's husband, was laughing at us...really loudly :). I tried to capture him in a photo but I just kept capturing the ground or some random wheel. I thought we were very brave and I think that Haley did a great job getting us to safe ground.

Later, I told Bella about our trip..She had more fun with Kathy, well actually she slept most of the time we were gone. Bella was something, Utah time didn't seem to bother her at all, she fit right in with everyone (as usual) and she had a wonderful time.

Haley and I were so dusty when we got back,

Eric helped us get the dirt out of our noses.


Meanwhile the kids made up this great game. They wanted to know if it was okay to play it. It was called scrub the porch. Are you kidding, you can play as long as you want. They had a blast.


Sadly, my last night came much to quickly. As usual the sunset was georgeous, and I had another day filled with laughter and fun. I was very sad to have to leave this wonderful place.

No comments: